Friday, September 26, 2014

Nikon D750 FX-format Digital SLR Camera Body


Nikon D750 FX-format Digital SLR Camera Body









CUSTOMER REVIEW



Already received it and here's my initial take on it.

Basically it IS a D610 with a new name and a handful of refinements.

It has a new Expeed processor in it than the D610 however I see ZERO start up, menu startup, or menu navigation improvements. So the faster CPU isn't being used by the Nikon menuing system properly.

The Tilt screen is nice, but there is no LCD protective cover included with the camera. This is my first Nikon that did not include one. Maybe due to the design of the flippy LCD? I think this could be an issue down the road unless the make the glass covering it out of diamond or similar. <g>

The Focus points are clustered together in the middle of the screen just like the D600/D610 and your average DX camera. This is very odd and probably done on purpose to put us in our place.

The grip is new. It is deeper and I like it a lot. I grabbed my D610 and D90 to compare and this D750's grip was the best of them. Although there are some more angular corners on parts of it that some may not enjoy, but other previous sharp points on the camera (from the D610) have been rounded.



There is no little plastic cover for the "hot shoot" that has been in every camera I've ever owned. This one is either missing or they just don't offer it. So I pulled the one from the D90 and will use it.



Oh, and the photos look great right out of the box, maybe a subjective tad better than the D610 but I can't be sure.



Bottom line: If you have a D610, enjoy it, this is pretty much the same thing but with a few refinements and a flippy LCD.

If you are considering this vs D610, get this one. If you're thinking about a D7100 vs D750, get this one.

Its a great camera, great quality but does have some (in my view) missing pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment