Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Nikon D750 FX-format Digital SLR Camera Body


Nikon D750 FX-format Digital SLR Camera Body









CUSTOMER REVIEW



I was looking for a full frame camera to back up my D4. I was close to pulling the trigger on a D810 when a guy behind the Nikon counter at B&H told me about the D750 which was coming out in a week.. After reading about it, it seemed like a nice feature set at a somewhat reasonable price.



Once I started reading reviews, I found that there are a lot of haters out there. Most of these people never even held the camera and they are bashing nikon for calling it a 750 as it does not live up to what a 700 successor should be.



I owned a D700 before upgrading to the D4 and I agree with the overcall consensus that the D700 is a great camera that I actually regret selling. I have fast moving kids who play sports and the D4 serves me well. However, I find that I yearn for something more compact for certain situations (honestly, most situations when Im not shooting sports) Although I love the 10 frames per second and pro level build, she is a beast of a camera to carry around.



I ordered from Amazon in order to take advantage of their liberal return policy in case it was as bad as some people say.



After owning it since Thursday (9/25), I have to say, this is an awesome camera. It fast, smooth, the focus is dead accurate and instantaneous. Its super light and slim for a full frame DSLR while sharing a lot of the specs from the D810. The grip is deep and a pleasure to hold. The controls are easy to manage and the shutter is quiet and smooth.



Images are very sharp with good glass and colors are accurate. Im really looking for reason to not like it but can't find one. I saved myself a grand by holding out a bit.



I guess its not a larger, heavy, pro-level body that some people think a 700 series camera should be. Sharing a layout with the D610 and D7100 causes some to dismiss the product, regardless of performance.



Some don't like change, even if its for the better. I get it,,, the D700 had a faster frame rate with a battery grip and went to 8000 shutter speed along with a pro-build. The d750 outshines the D700 in every other aspect. Nikon has modified their lineup and now has 5 full frame cameras, more than any other. Maybe if they called it a D650, people wouldn't be so mad.



I'm merely a enthusiastic amateur with a passion for the art. Since I earn my living outside of photography, my D4 is probably overkill. But hey, what can you do?



Take my review for what its worth but this is a great body that will not disappoint. Don't get caught up in all these review sites that pixel peep, look for flaws under severe artificial conditions and are critical to a point that is not relevant to real world shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment